Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


Carving pumpkins is something that I haven't done since I was little. I forgot just how messy this can actually be! From start to finish it probably took us around 2 and half hours! That included all of the gut work that you have to do. I thought about saving the seeds and roasting them in the oven to eat later but decided to just focus on our task at hand! Cale decided on a haunted house stencil and I picked the one labeled "little darlings." Much to our surprise we probably picked two of the hardest ones out of the book! There was so much detail that we were for sure they wouldn't turn out! It was really nice just to focus on our pumpkins and slow down from our fast paced lives! I do know why this is only done once a year but am looking forward to doing this again next year! If you are hesitant about pumpkin carving let me tell you it is fun for all ages!



No comments:

Post a Comment